Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mundan

Ganju Patel....
Round as these balloons....

I am not at all happy mama....

Mundan the head shaving ceremony is a Hindu sacrement, or sanskar. In Hindu tradition, the hair from birth is associated with undesirable traits from past lives. Thus at the time of the mundan, the child s head is shaven to signify freedom from the past and moving into the future.
My mundan ceremony was performed a week before our trip back to US. Here are some of my post mundan pics. I cried through the ceremony while my dad held me tight and mom was hiding behind my Nani as she couldn't see me like that.The ceremony was video tapped but we don't have a copy as my mom refuses to watch and keep it.

1 comment:

Sumaya said...

Aaawww poor baby! But you are so cute even when you are ganju ! lol ! - Sumaya

Who do I resemble more

Picture A

Picture A

Picture B

Picture B